Wednesday, March 21, 2012

New news is better than nude news

Wednesday, March 21, 2012
New news in the journey from Lubbock to Chicago. And all good, actually. I believe an update is in order!

Huzzah!

It has been a few weeks, but a lot has actually happened to make my move more official and a happier experience.

1) Finally broke the news to my parents. Well, technically my mother, who then in turn told my family. My mom just happened to be in Lubbock for a night, so I figured that was the best time to break it to her. I was nervous as holy hell. I've never been further than a 2 hour drive away from them. And I honestly didn't know how she would take the news. Would she cry? Outright refuse to help? Throw Pad Thai noodles at me (My mother doesn't carry around noodles in her purse. We were at an Asian restaurant.)? And my family is very WASP-ish, minus the whole rich thing. We bury our heads into the ground when dealing with any major issue, or we discuss it once and pretend like it never happened.

Anyways, to summarize: I was concerned. So, we went and had dinner, and I brought up my plan (to be discussed later in this post) as I sat cringing, waiting for her response. Surprisingly, she took it well. She asked me those general mom questions that deal with me not turning to crack as soon as I leave her nest. Then she was very positive about it, offering me advice for moving. Later in the week, my dad sent me texts about it that were also very supportive.

All in all, the family reacted better than I could have hoped. The hard part was over.

Number B) To make this period of change in my life even more awesomer, I was offered an acting gig in Dallas that fit perfectly in my kind of schedule plan (hold you horses, I"m getting to it). A friend of mine wants to do a show and asked me to do it for her. A chance to act as a lead in a badass play with a badass director in a badass city?

HELLS TO THE YEAH!

So, hopefully that will come to fruition. I need to act again. I've missed it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hard.

And, finally, letter 12323) ....The Plan!

I actually sort of have a plan.

I have dates now for how the next 3 months are going to go. Now, nothing is truly official, except the date that I"m leaving Lubbock. Because my lease is up, and I would prefer not to be a squatter (at least in Lubbock. I'd be ok with being a NYC squatter). So, the plan as of right now:

Leaving Lubbock April 29
Midland for 2ish weeks
DFW for most of May, beginning of June
Leave for Chicago mid-Juneish

A lot of it is ish-dates as of right now. It'll depend on the show. I don't necessarily have to be in Chicago by a certain date. I just want to get there soon and start. I feel like it's this Chapter 2 to my life that I need to begin. I have a shitton of stuff I have to get done here before I can ever think abut moving (like a show, lol), but I'm motivated to because I have a final goal. I have dates. I have plans. It's exciting!

Thus begins my last couple of weeks in Lubbock (39 days, if we are being exact). It's scary. I'm about to leave everything that I know and am comfortable with for a city in which I know 2 people and 1 English bulldog. But, I've got a whole lot of goals and dreams and plans and moxie. I'm ready for it. At least I hope so.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger TemplatesBlogger Blog Templates;