Monday, July 16, 2012

So I crammed my life in a U-haul...

Monday, July 16, 2012
Tonight marks my last night in Midland, Texas, United States, North America, The World.

Holy. Shitballs.

I know people always say "Oh, I have so many emotions going on right now, I just can't explain it!", but honestly, that's how I'm fucking feeling right now. Just a shitton of emotions going on in my lil ol' brain. Let me give you a sneak peek of some of my thoughts right now:

  • Praise holy bejesus, I finally get to leave this godforsaken wasteland!
  • Shit, I haven't even finished packing yet.
  • Damnit! I have to pack all night instead of enjoy my last night in town with my friends and family.
  • Wait...I'm moving more than 2 hours away from my family for the first time ever...JESUS CHRIST!
  • What if something bad happens to my family and I'm not here?!?!?
  • Why do I think I can do this?
  • Why am I am actor
  • What if I go there and fail miserably and have to become a prostitute?!?!
  • How do I make a guy "holla" for "a dolla"?
Etc. Etc. Etc.

You get the idea.

I've been awful about updating up to this point, but a summary of what has happened since we last had this chat. The acting gig in Dallas turned into a bridesmaid gig instead, so I got to spend a month with the bride/bffle traveling across Texas, visiting friends all over the place, doing some theatre-y things, and getting that bitch married.

Now I'm back in Midland, getting ready to leave. Tomorrow. My dad and I will be driving up north in a u-haul (to find my part of it allllllllll). But seriously, it's like a fucking 20 hour drive. Sheesh. But, I am ecstatic to finally be getting up there and starting this new chapter in my life.

So, I'm here, sitting on my couch and trying to enjoy the last few moments I'll have with my family for a while. I will miss Texas (mostly for the people), but I am SO ready to leave. I'm at this exciting time before I know what will happen. That moment when I feel like anything is possible. It's probably the exhaustion goofing with my head, but I like this feeling. The world is my oyster and stuff! I know I am not the best at what I do, but damn if you meet anyone who will work harder than I will!

Bleg, enough of this sappy stuff. Goodbye Midland, goodbye Lubbock, and goodbye Texas! Send some good juju my way (and just in the Chicago way in general, lots of people are headed up there). I hope to update more about my adventures in my soon-to-be-home-in-like-3-days-Chicago!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger TemplatesBlogger Blog Templates;