Friday, November 30, 2012

That one time I was making my Chicago theatre debut in 5 hours...

Friday, November 30, 2012
3 weeks ago, I was jobless, showless, and crotchless. Well, maybe not crotchless (rumor is I'm hung like a horse), but life was in an interesting place. Now those 3 weeks have passed and life is friggin' shweet. I have a new job and possibly a second job on the way. I'll update about that on a later date. Needless to say, my feet are tired but my bank account is happy.

But, the reason for this post is to commemorate a huge moment in my life. Something I've been working towards for what seems like my whole life. Trained for 4 years in college. Worked my ass off for a year and saved up. And now, in 5 hours, it's all about to be worth it.

My debut in my first Chicago theatre show play thingy.

Now, I know I did a staged reading as Cher that may count, but we had scripts on stage. It wasn't truly a show. This is a play that we've worked on for a month, lines down, costumes, set, lights, audience, characterization, etc. etc. etc. And it's at a badass theatre. I have no idea how the show will turn out, but that fact that I'm in my first show, and get to share this night with my Chicago family, makes it all the more sweeter.

I don't know exactly what the point of this post is, but as a type it (while watching TV at my second home AKA LLBK), I realize that I hope this can be a little, albeit minuscule, glimmer of hope for others. It can happen. You can work hard and bust your ass and even dream (cheesy, I know), and it can pay off. I get the opportunity to act in my first Chicago show.

This is definitely one of the best days. Taking an "Office Jim and Pam invisible camera" snapshot tonight. In 5 hours, I take the stage as a floozie/caroler/nurse.

Bring it on, bitches!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger TemplatesBlogger Blog Templates;