Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012! Hello 2013! Hello love!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013
That's a wrap, bitches!

I just closed my first official show in Chicago! It's a wonderful feeling knowing that I have one official Chicago show under my belt; that I've performed on a Chicago stage, in front of Chicago peeps all saying "You's guys". I dunno, there's something special about that to me. The experience with the show was...in..ter...esting? Yeah, we'll go with that. Of course things happen when putting up a show. I know that from putting up my own. The people I met were fantastic, though. I really do hope I get to work with some of them again. I'm proud of myself, though. I did the best that I could do with a comedic role in a semi-serious show. I got my laughs, and had several people in the show tell me my scene was their friends/family members' favorite scene. I did my best, which is all that you can ask for.

I have to say, though, my favorite aspect of the show, besides finally getting to perform again of course, was the fact that I had my Chicago family there for opening night, and my Lubbock family there for closing night. The most important people in my life were there, and I got to share my first show with them. Honestly, without my support system (AKA all of them), I don't know how I could get through the grind of the biz. 

Biz...jesus, I sound pretentious...please, readers out there, punch me in the twat if I ever get that way.

But, moral of the story: I love my friends. And, a tip for those out there, always have your support system, whether it be one person or 12. Thankfully, I'm blessed with many awesome people. 

And now, it's the new year! It's officially 2013! And tomorrow I start rehearsals for my next show, "Peyton Place". This is the show that I was first cast in back in October. Everyone, including myself, kind of forgot about this show. I wanted to start rehearsals so badly when I first was cast, but I've had to patiently wait a couple of months. Now, the time is here, and I am about to piddle my pants, I'm so excited! 

This show is going to be a completely different experience vs. my last show. The theatre actually has their own space and has been doing shows since the 80's. The cast is mostly older adults, and a small group of "high schoolers", which is what I am. I get to play two high schoolers, which are complete opposites. One is a nerdy, secret nympho, and the other is basically the Rizzo of the show. Again, type cast as the floozie, which I'm not complaining about at all. The thing I'm really excited about is that it's an original script, based off a novel. The theatre focuses on adapting novels for the stage, and they have been Jeff nominated (the Chicago version of the Tony awards). This show is going to be challenging, but I cannot wait for the experience to start.

Goodbye 2012, hello 2013, hello love!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger TemplatesBlogger Blog Templates;